- Be respectful! This is an organization built on collaboration. Bigotry, trolling, and disrespect will not be tolerated.
- No doxing or posting of personal information of any kind.
- Do not use link shorteners, and do not post links to malicious sites or harmful files.
- Do not ask other people to hack for you.
- Do not promote illegal activity.
BEFORE YOU ASK…
Don’t come into a server and ask people to teach you how to hack. Information Security is a broad and diverse field of study, and there is no way that any of us will be able to teach you what you need to know from scratch. (Nor would we want to.) Instead, try to learn what you can on your own, and ask specific, targeted questions.
For example, if you’re just getting started, you might ask “What are some good resources for beginners?” Or if you’re trying to hack your friend’s WiFi, instead of saying “How do I hack WiFi?” you might ask “How can I crack WEP?”
By asking targeted questions, you demonstrate that you’ve actually taken the time to do your own research, rather than simply being a leech. Nobody wants to have to explain every little thing to someone who is unwilling to do their own research. But we’ll be happy to share techniques with someone who shows that they’re willing to work hard and learn.